Do you want to be part of one of the world’s most advanced laboratories for developing future energy solutions – while helping to ensure Denmark’s unique opportunities for business development, export and creation of green growth?
We offer you
- Great opportunities to make your impact on a young research organization
- Unique and varied tasks
- A socially active team with modern management, and where everyone pulls together
- Involvement in all parts of the software solutions
- A flexible work/life balance
- An attractive pension scheme and paid lunch
Twins Consulting is helping PowerLabDK, to find a Java developer, who can build new and develop existing system infrastructure and software platforms. This work will be in close collaboration with researchers and PhD students. The two largest IT platforms are SYSLAB and Energydata.dk (To know more: SYSLAB).
The PowerLabDK team consists of 10 employees who are responsible for the research facilities – software and hardware. You will join a team of great professionals with mixed backgrounds, e.g. software development, electronics, fine mechanics and automation technology. Your primary workplace will be at DTU Risø at Roskilde fjord and secondary at DTU Lyngby.
- Continued development of the IT platforms
- Support documentation of system architecture and designs
- Proactively contribute to ideas and solutions in collaboration with the research groups
- Help planning the use of the facilities
- Operational tasks (including maintenance of ICT infrastructure and system administration)
You have a B.Sc. or M.Sc. within IT or equivalent. Graduates are also very welcome. It is required that you have experience with:
- Object-oriented programming in Java
- Software design, development, implementation and testing
- Knowledge of Linux
In addition, great if you have experience with some of the following:
- Software Architecture
- Data Communication Protocols
- Ability to write strong, structured, scalable code
- No-SQL (E.g. Apache Cassandra)
- Pub/Sub Systems (E.g. Apache Kafka)
- Network (setup / troubleshooting, etc.)
- Handling of personal sensitive data
You communicate well in English, verbal as well as in writing. Danish is an advantage, not a must.
You are responsible, self-sufficient, flexible and not afraid to take up new challenges; even when it requires you to acquire new skills. You are helpful, solution-oriented and a team player.
Twins Consulting is recruitment partner for this position. Questions? Please contact Finlay Napier, m: 30241694, e: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply as soon as possible to email@example.com and remember to label it “Java developer PowerLabDK”. Interviews are held on an ongoing basis and all applications are treated confidentially.
PowerLabDK (DTU Lyngby and Risø) is part of the Center for Electric Power and Energy (CEE) at DTU Electrical Engineering, which works with one of the biggest challenges in our modern society: the development of a safe, cost-effective and sustainable energy system based on renewable energy. PowerLabDK’s lab facilities are some of the world’s most advanced for power and energy testing, making us a highly sought-after partner in many research projects. CEE has approx. 100 employees, of which 10 are directly affiliated with PowerLabDK. Read more at www.cee.elektro.dtu.dk and www.powerlab.dk.