Do you dream of a global work horizon where you can be part of setting the agenda?
We are currently looking for a Data Engineer & Architect for our client, Chr. Hansen, to help develop and expand their R&D data structure in order to enable their research departments make data driven decisions.
The tasks will be:
- Developing and expanding Chr. Hansen’s data infrastructure within R&D
- Gain understanding of how their valuable research data needs to be converted, stored and presented and help transform it into key insights in collaboration with Data Scientists
- Establish a scalable solution architecture
- Architect, develop and support data pipelines and a scalable modern data warehouse
- Work together with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in research departments and in IT, Data Scientists, internal Digital Product Owners and Project Managers as well as external and internal experts and IT developers
- Establish and maintain documentation and application lifecycle management of the products in scope
You will report to the Senior Department Manager of Digital R&D. You will be anchored in and referring to Research and Development, in close collaboration with Global IT.
At Chr. Hansen they work to improve food and health, and their natural ingredients are consumed by more than 1 billion people every day. As a global market leader in bioscience, they have the opportunity to address important global challenges such as food waste, healthy living, sustainable agriculture – and they need the brightest and most passionate people on board to succeed. Want to join them?
The team for you to join
You will be a part of Digital R&D, which is a central unit in Chr. Hansen Research & Development (R&D) leading the digital agenda in R&D. They are at the very heart of the digital transformation that will let them drive speed in innovation. The overall aim is to enable scalable science in Chr. Hansen through digital solutions.
The team supports the business with commercial as well as in-house built solutions and span from securing a solid IT infrastructure to advanced analytics unleashing the full value of Chr. Hansen’s science data. It is a dynamic and diverse team of seven people with different backgrounds within IT and Life Science who enjoy what they do. This in combination with curiosity and an open and informal approach has led to great success in establishing digital solutions. The team always works in close collaboration with IT, other internal Digitalization teams and the business.
Click here to learn more about what they do.
Who is Chr. Hansen looking for?
Professional skills and experience:
- A degree in IT, computer science or equivalent experience
- Ideally you have deep understanding and experience within a data engineering and data modelling environment
- Experience with building scalable and data-intensive applications, ideally on cloud infrastructure. If you haven’t been called a Data Engineer before, your title might have been along the lines of Business Intelligence Architect, Software Engineer or Data Scientist
- Experience with development of classic analytic data models, Data Lakes and Pipelines
- Skilled in Modern Python or R
- Fluent in SQL, and experienced in working with databases, modern Data Warehouses and data wrangling
- Comfortable using CI/CD tools e.g. Azure DevOps
- Experience with multiple OS Windows, Linux and cloud platforms
- Experience in establishing a data foundation setup from the ground and working with data manipulation of both structured and unstructured data is a significant advantage
- Experience in bioscience or experience from working in a research oriented environment is a significant advantage
- A desire to take a driving role in forming the future of Chr. Hansen research IT and data platforms
- A key interest in transforming data to insights for our Data Scientists and the rest of our Research Organization
- A full stack technology mindset
- The ability to work independently, you thrive with responsibility and you are a strong decision maker within your area of expertise
- Open for input but also persistent and not afraid to take a discussion
- Passionate about solving the needs of the users and the business through the products in scope
- Good social and communication skills building strong relations and achieving results together with others
- Ability to translate between the various stakeholder groups e.g. IT, Data Scientists and Business and create understanding and alignment
- A team player and a quick learner, enjoying working in an informal atmosphere
What Chr. Hansen offers you
In Digital R&D they can offer you a spot in a very ambitious team of skilled and dedicated colleagues working in an exciting and welcoming environment. They emphasize collaboration, honesty, trust and wellbeing with each member having their own unique experiences and talents. They are a growing team on a journey that offers great opportunities for personal and professional development in a dynamic and inspiring work day.
Working at Chr. Hansen provides the opportunity to work in a multinational and multicultural environment. They regard their employees as their most valuable asset and are constantly looking for new talent to strengthen their team. Chr. Hansen values people who can take charge, come up with new ideas and want to form their own work practice and methods. Since 1874, they have been at the forefront of innovation and constantly expanded into new areas for a more sustainable future. They believe that engagement matters. In each of their 32 global offices, they offer you an agile organization with a short way from idea to implementation with an inspiring work environment and a collaborative culture.
Join them and take part in making a meaningful difference!
Contact / Application
This recruitment is handled by Twins Recruitment.
Please send your application and resume to Tina at firstname.lastname@example.org.